Planned municipal infrastructure:
Gravity sewage: 15,048 m
Pressure pipelines: 1,981 m
Facilities: 9 pumping stations, 6 retention tanks, 9 storm overflows, 2 grease and oil separators
Water supply pipelines: 6,894 m
Scope of works:
Planned construction of 13.1 km of transport sewage, 3 underground sewage pumping stations with 1.9 km of pressure pipelines that will convey sanitary wastewater from the western parts of the agglomeration to the wastewater treatment plant at the Delta location. In addition to the construction of the sewage system, the reconstruction of 6.9 km of the public water supply system will be carried out, which will pass through the following streets:
- “Zamet” transport sewage: Dražička Street – Pionirska Street – Nova cesta Street – Lozičina Street – Zametska Street – passage through the green belt to the junction with the transport sewage in Liburnijska Street. Reconstruction of the water supply system along the transport sewage will be carried out in Lozičina Street.
- “Kantrida” transport sewage: Labinska Street – Pionirska Street –Vere Bratonje Street – Liburnijska Street – Zvonimirova Street. Reconstruction of the water supply system along the transport sewage will be carried out in Zvonimirova Street and part of Liburnijska Street.
- “Škurinje” transport sewage: Škurinjska cesta Street – Osječka Street – suspension on the overpass of Škurinje junction – passage on the slope above Škurinjska draga – Plase Street, Emilija Randića Street to the junction with the transport sewage in Vukovarska Street. Reconstruction of the water supply system along the transport sewage will be carried out in parts of Škurinjska cesta Street, Osječka Street and Emilija Randića Street.
- “Viškovo” transport sewage: Marinići – Turkovo – Pehlin Street – Vukovarska Street – Antuna Barca Street – Dubrovačka – crossing over Čandekova Street – Trogirska Street – connection to the transport sewage in Zvonimirova Street. Reconstruction of the water supply system along the transport sewage will be carried out in parts of Pehlin Street, Vukovarska Street, Antuna Barca Street and in Trogirska Street.
Underground pumping stations will also be built at 3 locations. The “Dražička” pumping station will be located at the intersection of Dražička and Marije Grbac Streets; the “Kantrida” pumping station in Liburnijska Street near the Kantrida car wash; and the “Škurinje” pumping station in Osječka Street along the exit from the bypass road.
In order to optimise the existing combined sewage system, the construction of 9 storm overflows and 6 retention tanks with associated pumping stations, 2 grease and oil separators and the reconstruction of the existing Škurinje sewage is planned. The retention tanks and storm overflows will enable the reception and retention of water waves during heavy rainfall, thus relieving the existing system.
At the following locations by subsystems, all facilities will be constructed as underground structures:
- Martinkovac-Kantrida subsystem (Section A): In Dražice Street, next to the intersection with Tina Ujevića Street, the construction of a retention tank with a pumping station, a storm overflow and associated pipelines is planned.
- Martinkovac-Kantrida subsystem (Section D): In Istarska Street, next to the location of the existing pumping station of the company KD VODOVOD I KANALIZACIJA, construction of a retention tank with a pumping station, a separator, a storm overflow and an offshore outfall is foreseen, as well as of a relief canal which should be constructed to this location along the green belt from Dražica Street in Martinkovac.
- Kantrida Children’s Hospital subsystem: In Istarska Street, in the car park next to the Kantrida Children’s Hospital, the construction of a retention tank and a storm overflow with the associated relief canal and connection to the existing offshore outfall is planned.
- Portić subsystem: In Portić Street, below the Kantrida Athletic Hall, the construction of a relief sewage and, next to a volleyball court, a grease and oil separator is planned.
- Treći Maj II subsystem: In Pulska Street, at the port location, the construction of a retention tank with a pumping station and a relief canal is planned.
- Treći Maj I subsystem: The construction of a retention tank with a pumping station and a storm overflow with associated pipelines is planned in the areas along the Kantrida car wash along Liburnijska Street.
- Mlaka subsystem: At the intersection of Podmurvice Street with the junction of Zvonimirova and Krešimirova Streets two storm overflows with associated pipelines and a retention tank with a pumping station in the Mlaka car park are planned, as well as a relief canal passing through Milutina Barača Street.
- Railway station subsystem: At the location of the Benčić complex, at the intersection of Nikole Tesle Street and Viktora cara Emina Street, the construction is planned of a storm overflow and a relief pipeline with a small overflow through Nikole Tesle Street and Cambierijeva Street and a pumping station in the sidewalk at the intersection of Cambierijeva Street and Krešimirova Street.
- Škurinje sewage subsystem: The construction of a storm overflow in Potok Street is planned before the intersection with Josipa Završnika Street. The reconstruction of the existing Škurinje sewage will also be carried out from the location below the Rijeka bypass or Škurinje junction to Krešimirova Street, in the total length of 1.9 km. In the northern part of the stream, only underground works without excavations will be performed, while in the southern part, i.e. Potok Street, Josipa Završnika Street and Cambijerijeva Street, the full profile of this old sewage will be reconstructed.
The contractors are a group of tenderers comprising GODINA GRADBENIŠTVO IN DRUGE STORITVE d.o.o. and INKAING d.o.o. from Slovenia, while the provider of the supervision service is a group of providers comprising INSTITUT IGH d.d., EPTISA ADRIA d.o.o., FLUM-ING d.o.o. and PROJEKT d.d. Nova Gorica.
The value of the contracted works is 28,522,945.91 EUR (excluding VAT).
The deadline for the completion of works is 36 months.