Planned municipal infrastructure:
Gravity sewage: 10,952 m
Pressure pipelines: 1,633 m
Facilities: 9 pumping stations, 5 retention tanks, 10 storm overflows, 1 grease and oil separator
Water supply pipelines: 5,389 m
Scope of works:
Foreseen construction of 2.4 km of transport sewage, 3 underground sewage pumping stations with 0.8 km of pressure pipelines that will convey the sanitary wastewater from the eastern parts of the agglomeration to the wastewater treatment plant at the Delta location. In addition to the construction of the sewage system, the reconstruction of 2.1 km of the public water supply system will be carried out, which will pass through the following streets:
- “Kantrida” transport sewage: Zvonimirova Street to the connection to the constructed sewage in Krešimirova Street. In the sidewalk along the channel of Mrtvi kanal in Ribarska Street, an underground pumping station “Mrtvi kanal” will be constructed with a pressure pipeline that will pass through Grobnička riva to the location of Rijeka WWTP at Delta. Reconstruction of the water supply system will be carried out along the entire route of the transport sewage, and in part of Rikarda Benčića Street.
- “Brašćine” transport sewage: Kozala Street from the overpass above the Rijeka bypass – the northern part of Ante Kovačića Street – the crossing over the slope towards Vodovodna Street – the northern part of Vodovodna Street. In Vodovodna Street, across from Plodine, there will be an underground pumping station “Vodovodna” with a pressure pipeline that will cross Rječina and run along Ružićeva Street to the intersection with Franje Račkog Street and Titov Square.
- Extension of the “Grobnik” sanitary sewage: From the connection to the existing “Grobnik” sewage in Titov Square through the Andrija Kačić Miošić promenade to the bridge towards the WWTP at Brajdica. Reconstruction of the water supply system along the sewage route will be carried out in Vodovodna Street, Franje Račkog Street, and in part of A. K. Miošića Street. On the plateau near the intersection of A.K. Miošića Street and the D404 state road, the construction of the underground pumping station “Brajdica” is planned.
In order to optimise the existing combined sewage system, the construction / reconstruction of 10 storm overflows and 5 retention tanks with associated pumping stations and pressure pipelines and 1 grease and oil separator is planned. The retention tanks and storm overflows will enable the reception and retention of water waves during heavy rainfall, thus relieving the existing system.
In part of Pećine and Trsat, the construction of 7 km of sanitary and relief sewage is planned for the purpose of establishing a separate sewage system in the area. The reconstruction of a 2.9 km long public water supply pipeline is also planned in some construction sections.
Also, in the area of the Rijeka market, the construction of a new sanitary sewage system is planned, which will connect the facilities from which wastewater is currently discharged into the coastal sea to the central sewage system. In addition, the construction of new sanitary sewage is planned as a replacement for the old permeable brick canals, followed by the reconstruction of the public water supply pipeline in part of the construction sections and the rehabilitation of secondary canals in the market area.
The works will take place at the following locations by subsystems / areas:
- Reconstruction of the existing storm overflows in the city centre: In Krešimirova Street, at the bus station across from the Index restaurant, the reconstruction of the existing storm overflow “Beli Kamik” and the relief canal is planned. Works will also be carried out on the existing storm overflows “Kloaka” on Korzo, “Mrtvi kanal” next to Kont Park and “Titov trg” in Titov Square.
- Kružna Street subsystem: In Kružna Street, the construction of a storm overflow with associated pipelines is planned.
- Školjić subsystem: The construction of a retention tank with a pumping station and a storm overflow with associated pipelines is planned at the Školjić car park location.
- Brajdica subsystem: On the plateau near the intersection of A.K. Miošića Street and the D404 state road, the construction of a retention tank and a storm overflow is planned as a single underground facility with the pumping station “Brajdica”.
- Žabica-Market subsystem: The construction of sanitary sewage and the underground pumping station “Riva” and the reconstruction of the public water supply system are planned in part of the sidewalk of Riva Street and the Square of the 111th Brigade of the Croatian Army. It is also planned to build sanitary sewage and reconstruct the water supply pipes in part of Ivana Zajca Street, in Jedrarska, Bačvarska, Veslarska, Verdieva, Demetrova and Wenzelova Streets and to build a relief canal from the southern part of Riva Boduli Street to the coast at Senj Pier. In the market area, from Ivana Zajca Street to Demetrova Street in the south, the rehabilitation of water permeable manholes on the existing sanitary sewage is planned and the rehabilitation of the secondary sewage network, i.e. branches from the main sewage to house connections located mainly in the courtyards of apartment buildings.
- Trsat and Pećine area: On the plateau next to the eastern exit of the container terminal at Brajdica, the construction of a retention tank, a pumping station and a separator with a discharge into the sea is planned. In the area below the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences along Slavka Krautzeka Street, the construction of a retention tank and a storm overflow in the road itself is planned. The construction of a storm overflow at the end of Kačjak Street is also planned. The construction of sewage is planned in the following streets: Svete Ane, Zdravka Kučića, Tome Strižića, Vjekoslava Dukića, Radmile Matejčić, Slavka Krauzetka, Mihanovićeva, Drage Šćitara, Marohnićeve, Kumičićeve, Krimeja, Braće Horvatić, J. P. Kamova, Šetalište XIII divizije, Brajdica.
- Martinšćica area: In the part of the settlement of Martinšćica it is planned to build a sanitary sewage and an underground pumping station with a pressure pipeline that will run in bed of the road towards Rijeka, or to the plateau below the eastern end of the Pećine tunnel, where the construction of a retention tank with a pumping station and a storm overflow is planned.
The contractor is GENER 2 from Albania, while the provider of the supervision service is a group of providers comprising INSTITUT IGH d.d., EPTISA ADRIA d.o.o., FLUM-ING d.o.o. and PROJEKT d.d. Nova Gorica.
The value of the contracted works is 27,304,892.22 EUR (excluding VAT).
The deadline for the completion of works is 36 months.